WHAT TO DO IN TIME OF BEREAVEMENT
When someone has died, it is often hard to know what to do. We are available for advice and support but there are certain practical steps you might like to know about.
If Someone Dies At Home
These are the things you will have to do:
1) Telephone the doctor. They will visit you to confirm that death has taken
place and tell you how to obtain the death certificate.
2) Contact the funeral director.
If Someone Dies In Hospital
1) Contact the funeral directors to let them know that their services will be required.
2) Collect the doctor’s death certificate from hospital.
In All Cases Of Death
1) Take the certificate to the registrar’s office for the area in which the death took
place. Also take the deceased's medical card, if available, and birth certificate.
The registrar will issue you with a green form. You may need to phone to make an appointment with the registrar.
2) Take the green form to the funeral director who will take over responsibility for arranging the funeral.